|Nairobi City or Arusha, Ngorongoro Crater, Serengeti National Park, Lake Manyara Park
7 Days / 6 Nights Small Group Safari - Nairobi to Nairobi
In an upmarket 4WD Safari Cruiser
- Our guaranteed weekly departures ensure that you are not unecessarily delayed and/or kept from the commencement of your vacation.
- We only carry a maximum of 7 pax per safari cruiser thus ensuring that you have enough space and comfort.
- Everyone gets a guaranteed window seat in our safari cruisers giving you every opportunity to enjoy an unobstructed view of the wildlife and landscape.
- All our driver/guides are experienced and speak english fluently eliminating any unfortunate barriers to communication.
- We give you a luxurious and extensive tour of the best game parks in Tanzania
- Our guests are put up in luxurious hotels, camps & beautiful lodges with en-suite facilities.
- You will enjoy 3 delectable meals daily when on safari with us.
- On your first night, you will be treated to a scrumptious welcome dinner at one of the finest restaurants in Kenya.
- Our guests receive bottled water daily in our safari cruisers.
- We have flying doctors emergency air evacuation cover that extends to you for your own safety should the need arise.
- We have some of the best upmarket 4 x 4 safari cruisers when taking you on tour. This goes to your comfort.
Day 1: Arrive Nairobi
After you have cleared with customs and immigration formalities, you will be met by an ever jovial and helpful tour manager from Real Africa Safaris. You will then be transferred to Southern Sun Mayfair where your tour manager will help you check in and you will be treated to a wonderfully scrumptious welcome dinner.
Your tour manager will also give you a quick rundown of what is in store for you, tell you a bit about the safaris and the pre-arranged destinations as well as give a quick touch up on the do’s and don’ts as far as a Real Africa Safari is concerned.
This will be a golden opportunity for you to ask any questions and to get a little acquainted with the Kenyan culture. Once you are comfortable that you have all the information you need, your tour manager will leave you to enjoy an evening of well-deserved rest. (D, B).
Day 2: Nairobi – Arusha - Ngorongoro
Wake up to a beautiful Kenyan morning and an even better breakfast. After check out, take the morning shuttle through an incredibly scenic Kenyan country side and right across the border to Arusha, Tanzania.
You will enjoy an appetizing lunch in Arusha and then it will be off to the picturesque Ngorongoro Conservation Area. On arrival, you will be checked into your pristinely decorated lodge that is located at Karatu. To wind down a long day on this gracious continent, you will enjoy a mouth-watering dinner and spend the night at the Ngorongoro Farm House. (L,D,B).
Day 3: Ngorongoro Crater
On your third day, you will take part in an African adventure like no other. You will descend for about 600 meters onto the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater for a scenic and picturesque day tour. You will also get a chance to extensively explore the wild forest areas that are home to several monkey species and gigantic Elephants.
Additionally, you will go through the lake area where you may see the ever so colourful and majestic Flamingo. To top it all off you will get a chance to explore the open savannah where the King of the jungle roams freely and hunts for food. This place is riddled with lions and if you are lucky, you might just spot a pride or two.
Picnic lunches will be served at a scenic spot in the crater as you take in the beautiful African scenery. After an adventure filled day, you will be driven back to your lodge in the late afternoon where you will enjoy yet another delightful dinner and spend a serene night at the Ngorongoro Farm House. (L,D,B).
Day 4: Ngorongoro – Serengeti
For those interested in a real Africa Safari, the Serengeti National Park is an equivalent of the Holy Grail. 'Serengeti' is a Maasai word that means 'extended place'. This expansive national park is undoubtedly one of the best known wildlife sanctuaries in the world. Its extensive ecosystem is home to more than two million wildebeest, about half a million Thomson's gazelle and almost a quarter million Zebra.
The annual Serengeti migration has the greatest concentration of plains game on the continent. If it is real African wildlife you want to see, this is the place to be. That is why on the fourth day, after breakfast, you will check out of the gorgeous Ngorongoro Farm House and head out to Serengeti National Park. On the way you will visit Oldupai Gorge the site of Louis and Mary Leakey's renowned archaeological discoveries.
You will arrive in time for a scrumptious lunchtime dish at your new lodge. You will then enjoy an afternoon game drive that is filled with promises of an unforgettable viewing of both wildlife and the scenic African plains. Later on, dinner will be served and you will spend a beautiful night at the ever so comfortable Serengeti Sopa Lodge. (L,D,B).
Day 5: Serengeti National Park
This entire day will be dedicated to the Serengeti National Park. As far as wildlife concentration in one region is concerned, it does not get better than in this beautiful park. ‘Game viewing’ will be the order of the day.
Here you will get a once in a lifetime chance to see some of the most famous African animals in their natural element. From large predators such as lions, leopards and cheetah, which just so happens to be the McLaren of wild animals, to the beautiful herbivores preyed on by these stealthy and powerful predators. From buffalo, to Impala, gazelle, Zebra and even Elephants roam freely in these beautiful, yet deadly plains. In order to maximize your chances of spotting most of these wild creatures, you may carry a picnic lunch with you.
After a fun-filled day out in the park you will be driven back for a delicious dinner and yet another peaceful night at the Serengeti Sopa Lodge. (L,D,B).
Day 6: Serengeti – Lake Manyara
Lake Manyara National Park is best known for her gravity defying, tree climbing Lions. This gorgeous soda lake within the Rift Valley is home to a huge variety of wildlife including Zebra, elephant, monkey, giraffe, bushbuck, gazelle, hippopotami, and about 400 species of colourful and indigenous birds. It also boasts a beautiful landscape ensemble which includes swamps, jungles and a healthy helping of the lush African savannah.This will be your destination on Day 6.
After a bountiful breakfast, you will check out of the Serengeti Sopa Lodge and head out to Lake Manyara. Lunch will be served at Kirurumu Tented Lodge and thereafter, you will enjoy a beautiful afternoon game drive through Lake Manyara National Park. Later on, you will have dinner and spend the night at the gorgeous Kirurumu Tented Lodge. (L,D,B).
Day 7: Lake Manyara – Arusha - Nairobi
Conclude your memorable Real African Safari with a rich breakfast and a scenic drive back to Nairobi through Arusha, where a scrumptious lunch will be served at a local restaurant. You will then be transferred across the border via public shuttle and driven to Nairobi. At which point we will avail a transfer to your Nairobi hotel or to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. (B, L).
We also recommend:
- Visit the Endangered Mountain Gorillas of Rwanda and Uganda.
- Enjoy a beach holiday in Zanzibar and Pemba Islands; Tanzania.
- Mombasa beach, Diani beach, Watamu beach, Malindi beach and Lamu Island; Kenya.
- Climb Mount Kenya or Kilimajaro.
Small Group Tour
NB: This tour can be booked on private basis.
- Following is a legend for the meal abbreviations used on our itineraries:
- 4WD Safari cruiser = 4 wheel drive Land Cruiser or Land Rover.
- Bookings for 1 Pax will be on request and subject to there being other Pax booked on that departure.
- Seasons are determined by the date of the first Real Africa Safaris service.
- The small group tours combine with other tours therefore clients may be required to change vehicles.
Included in this tour
- Transfer on day 1 from Nairobi to Arusha by public shuttle bus.
- Transportation on safari: Real Africa uses custom built 4X4 safari cruisers throughout on safari. Our customised 4X4 landcruisers and land rovers have comfortable seating arrangement with a window seat for every passenger. They are fully equipped and come with a pop-up roof for maximum photo opportunities with 360° view.
- Experienced English speaking driver / guides who are keen naturalists and people-oriented professionals.
- Accommodation in high-end lodges and permanent camps, all with en-suite bathrooms.
- All meals daily on safari and including lunch in Arusha on the last day.
- All park entrance fees.
- Bottled water daily in our safari vehicle.
- AMREF Flying Doctors emergency evacuation cover.
- All government taxes.
Not included in this tour
- International flights and visas.
- Personal travel, medical and baggage insurance.
- Any items and services not featured on the itinerary.
- All services and items of a personal nature such as drinks, telephone calls and laundry.
- Tips, gratuity to driver/guides and porterage.
The following penalties will be levied for bookings cancelled with-in the corresponding cancellation periods shown below:
|Between 45 and 34 days prior to the date of arrival:||25% of the total booking value|
|Between 33 and 8 days prior to the date of arrival:
||50% of the total booking value|
|Between 7 days and no-show:
||100% of the total booking value|
Bookings are confirmed on ‘first come – first served’ basis. Provisional bookings will be held for maximum 7 days. Thereafter they will be released and space confirmed to the next customer.
Ann Hetherington - Real Africa Safaris Small Group Travellor
"Will tell our friends about Real Africa (and recommend) and would highly recommend our excellent guide Chumbosa. He is a credit to his country and the company."
Carole Burton, Barbara Bohm, Lorraine Smith - Real Africa Small Group Travel Experience.
"Very knowledgeable guide, great experience."
Katrina + Brendan Rowe - Real Africa Group Safari Experience.
"Its was a great pleasure to have Oswald Kimolo as our guide for the first 6 days. He was excellent in all ways."
Dennis (Mac) & Carole MacDonnell - Real Africa Safari Review.